clinical laboratory scientist
The Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) will work in Flow Cytometry area and performs testing. Performs and document quality control and preventative maintenance. Follow good laboratory practices and procedures for compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Independently perform clinical laboratory testing procedures.
- Follow quality control procedure to assure accuracy of test systems.
- Performs proficiency testing.
- Able to perform pipetting, manual and automated.
- Maintain logs and supply inventory in Flow Cytometry department.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies.
- Approving assay runs and repeating to confirm test results.
- Performed duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Flow cytometry experience is preferred but not required.
This job as no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in medical terminology, biology, chemistry and related field.
- Licensed by the State of California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- ASCP licensed is accepted.
- 0-2 year experience as a CLS or newly certified is accepted.
- Basic computer literacy ability to comply with department needs and expectations.
Ability to resond to common inquiries from insurance companies or different internal departments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Exagen is a patient focused, discovery driven laboratory based in Vista, CA. We serve patients and their healthcare practitioners across the United States. Our commitment is to provide physicians with accurate and clinically actionable results to guide the management of systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases. If you are interested in working hard to improve the lives of patients suffering from these challenging conditions then consider Exagen for your next career move.