Flow Cytometry scientist
For this position, located in Vista, CA., the incumbent will contribute to the development and validation of novel assays related to multiparameter flow cytometry and diagnostic immunology. The position will supervise the development, validation, and qualification of analytical assays primarily in the R&D flow cytometry laboratory, including the technology transfer to our clinical laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the development and validation of multiparameter flow cytometry assays
- Completes all aspects of flow cytometry daily activities, including sample preparation, staining, acquisition, and data analysis for specimens collected as part of ongoing clinical studies.
- Performs quantitative analysis of blood cell populations.
- Assists with the development, optimization, and validation of new assays.
- Conduct proficiency testing and maintain a supply inventory as needed.
- Prepares reagent stock and working solutions.
- Monitors proper use and consumption of reagents and materials.
- Performs other related duties as needed and required by supervisors.
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other documents including validation reports under CLIA/CAP guidelines.
- Collaborate with other members of the scientific staff within and outside the R&D group, including academic collaborators, external consultants, and scientists, etc.
- Independently design and perform data analysis and effectively communicate results to the team, analyze and troubleshoot technical issues relating to assay development and quality.
- Comply with all company SOPs and safety standards.
- Write scientific publications in peer reviewed journals and conferences in collaboration with academic collaborators.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- MS/PhD degree in immunology with proven track record with the development and validation of multiparameter flow cytometry panels.
- 5+ years industry experience
- Significant track record of publication in peer reviewed journals.
We are a commercial-stage diagnostics company committed to addressing a significant unmet need for the accurate diagnosis and monitoring of patients affected by autoimmune rheumatic diseases. Currently, we have an opening for a Flow Cytometry Product Development Scientist in our Research and Development group.