The Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) Test Measuring Drug Levels in Whole Blood
AVISE® HCQ is an advanced drug monitoring test that provides accurate measurement of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) levels in whole blood to help physicians assess their patients' exposure to hydroxychloroquine therapy.
The AVISE HCQ test is available as a venous test and via a AVISE® Touch low volume capillary device test.
The AVISE HCQ test is intended for use in patients on hydroxychloroquine (PLAQUENIL) therapy, after steady state (approx. 90-120 days), to help assess the following:
Patient risk for disease flares
Therapeutic decision making
- Costedoat-Chalumeau N, et al. Low blood concentration of hydroxychloroquine is a marker for and predictor of disease exacerbations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2006 Oct;54(10):3284-90.
- Costedoat-Chalumeau N, et al. Very low blood hydroxychloroquine concentration as an objective marker of poor adherence to treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. 2007 Jun;66(6):821-4.
- Costedoat-Chalumeau N, et al. (2013a) Hydroxychloroquine in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Results of a French Multicentre Controlled Trial (PLUS Study). Ann Rheum Dis 72:1786-1792.
- Costedoat-Chalumeau N, et al. (2013b) Adherence to Treatment in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Patients. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 27:329-340.
- Frances C, et al. Low blood concentration of hydroxychloroquine in patients with refractory cutaneous lupus erythematosus: a French multicenter prospective study. Arch Dermatol. 2012 Apr;148(4):479-84.
- Exagen, Inc. Date on File.
View Complete References